Sunday, July 9, 2017

Not Being An Anxiety Loser

https://medium.com/hi-my-name-is-jon/how-to-be-an-entrepreneur-with-crushing-anxiety-de1ee128958f

Excellent article, I'm not going to do much summary, just READ IT if you are bothered by anxiety. A teaser paragraph ... "it" is anxiety.

The trick isn’t to “manage” it, it’s to find ways to work within and without it that can let us actually get shit done! This is one method that has been hugely effective for me ... 
The "one method" is OBSERVATION ... "Oh, there is my old buddy anxiety. I know him very well ... let me view anxiety as a passing cloud. See how fluffy it is? No need to hurry the anxiety cloud, I can live with this cloud."

Observation is a giant part of Mindfulness from DBT. Here is the NAMI DBT site if you want to look into this more.

No comments:

Post a Comment